Global independent developer and publisher, Psyonix, revealed that Sweet Tooth, the iconic ice cream truck of Twisted Metal fame, will be exclusively playable on the PlayStation 4 when the highly-anticipated sports-action game, Rocket League, arrives on PS4™ and PC, Tuesday, July 7, 2015.
As one of the few PlayStation games in history to offer PlayStation/PC cross-platform play, Rocket League will be playable at the world’s premier trade show for computer, video, and mobile games, the 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo. Show-goers will have the opportunity to play Rocket League‘s new Season mode, try out new Battle-Cars and new arenas, and get their hands the long-awaited customization feature that offers a staggering 10 billion-plus combinations.
- New Season Mode: Players now can enjoy a full single-player experience with Season mode, bolstered by extensive vehicle customizations, unlockable items, multiple arenas, and more.
- Fully Upgraded Online, Local and Splitscreen Multiplayer Modes: Fans of the original will love the returning options for two- to four-player competition, from on-the-couch split-screen competition to the robust online play.
- Team-focused Gameplay: Rocket League’s team-oriented play compels gamers to learn short- and long-term tactics and strategies to stay in the game, challenge their friends, and stay atop the monthly leaderboards.
- Physics-driven Vehicle Interactions: Built with rocket-equipped vehicles capable of aerial attacks, passes and shots, and physics-driven ball action, Rocket League is a wild, visceral action-sports experience.
- Content Overload: Rocket League builds upon its predecessor with a healthy array of completely new unlockable vehicles, arenas, more than 100 customization items, and other surprises.
- Dedicated Gameplay Servers: Super-smooth online gameplay guarantees an even better Rocket-Powered Battle-Car experience.
- Broadcast-Quality Replays: Gamers can play with, stylize, and create the ultimate replay of entire games with the new replay system. Fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena!
Rocket League is a futuristic action-sports game where players pilot rocket-powered vehicles in an enhanced version of soccer by driving their vehicles into the ball and other players in a variety of arenas. Rocket League uses an advanced physics system to simulate realistic interactions between cars and the ball, where mass and momentum determine how hard balls and cars hit each other, creating a unique and visceral playing experience.