Publisher HypeTrain Digital and developer Dream Potion Games are excited to announce that Mago: The Villain’s Burger, a free prologue of their retro 2D platformer Mago, is coming to Steam on February 7.
Mago: The Villain’s Burger is a free retro 2D platformer that puts you in the boots of a sorcerer, who was unfortunate enough to eat evil overlord’s food. Now he has to rescue his beloved princess from the dinner menu of the evil Gourmet! Nostalgia awaits!
- A classic magical adventure with beautiful pixel art and intuitive controls. Travel a vast world with many levels, mini-games, and secret locations;
- Hand-crafted levels, each with its own mechanics: from colorful teapot prairie, a humongous tree guarded by a fierce centipede, to ancient ruins of a mysterious civilization that rests on the back of a huge bird – this journey has it all!
- Use your magic wand to purify evil from the world, solve riddles by affecting your surroundings. Some levels allow you to use a powerful mecha robot. It’s time to show the villain’s enemies what you are made of (metal, mostly);
- Each level presents a different challenge, each boss – a new threat to overcome.
- By collecting secret orbs in each level you unlock new items and improvements. Can you find them all?
- Looking to take a break? In the town of Musicalia you can buy new upgrades and meet interesting characters, some you might even recognize!
- Listen to a beautiful soundtrack brimming with nostalgia that will instantly bring back the nostalgia of the golden age of video games.