For the last time, Hannibal – the legendary Carthaginian military commander – is reviewing his troops before the battle. Today he’s waging one of his most important campaigns with the release of Terror of Rome, the latest installment of the Alea Jacta Est Series!
In this new Grand Strategy game using the AGEod engine (www.ageod.com), the players will be able to join the Roman or the Carthaginian forces and relive one of the biggest clashes of Ancient History with only one goal in mind: vying for hegemony in Mediterranean territories.
Hannibal: Terror of Rome is a true simulation that puts the players in the place of the main commanders of the Ancient World. They are in charge of building, managing, organizing and maneuvering armies, whilst taking into account the economic, military and political situation. The game is built on the renowned AGE engine and offers a comprehensive level of detail and historical accuracy.
The game features five historical scenarios:
– The First Illyrian War (230-228 BC) sees Rome opposing the aggressive Illyrian pirates and the Greek cities of the South in the Adriatic Sea. To contain the pirate’s activity, military forces were sent by the Achaean League and even Rome. For the first time the Roman consuls focus on the East.
– The Cisalpine War (225-222 BC) confronts Rome with a ferocious Celtic tribe. It’s time for revenge as these Gallic warriors sacked Rome in 390 BC.
– The Second Punic War (219-201 BC) is a major campaign that starts even before the clash between Rome and Carthage; with Roman legions fighting in the Second Illyrian War, and Carthage finishing its conquest of Hispania…
– Cannae (216-201 BC) begins with panic in the Roman army after its catastrophic defeat at the Battle of Cannae. The scenario starts with the withdrawal of Syracuse, Capua and Taranto from the war in Italy. The situation is critical!
– Scipio Africanus (211-201 BC) narrates the Spanish campaigns of the best Roman general of the war, and his final fight against Hannibal in Africa.
Note this is a stand-alone game that does not require the Alea Jacta Est base game to play.