The expansion pack to the award-winning role-playing game of 2002 unveils an all-new campaign that will challenge you to explore and fight your way through nine spectacular areas, including an expansive new jungle region, as you unravel the rich history and mystery of the world of Aranna. This expansion pack also includes the full version of the original Dungeon Siege.
Combat & Adventuring:
* Improved Control Groups – Increase the effectiveness of your party (mages in particular) by using the improved control groups. In addition to switching among ten different slot combinations for your party, you can now use the control groups to switch instantly among ten different spells, even if the spells aren’t active.
* Localized Attacks – Avoid accidentally running into the clutches of a horrid beast by holding down the SHIFT key when you attack. This causes your characters to target the monster closest to the area where you click (a localized attack). When no monsters are around, holding down the SHIFT key will order your characters to break open the nearest treasure chests.
* Multiplayer Save – Experience improved group gameplay. Now each time you exit a multiplayer game, the journal state of your character will be saved. Play through with friends and complete all the quests together!
* Overhead Map – Fully appreciate the epic scale of youradventures with the new Overhead Map. As you travel through the world, quests locations and region names appear on the map.
* Off-Screen Attack Warning – Remain alert to the status of fellow party members through the new off-screen attack warning. If a party member is under attack out of your view, their Character Portrait will flash orange, alerting you to rally to their aid.
* Group Awareness – Watch properly equipped party members rush to each other’s aid. Characters you have not ordered to hold their ground will run to help if their fellow party members come under attack.
* Transformation Spells – Change your magic users into powerful melee combatants with new Transformation spells. Experience the earthshaking power of playing as a Rock Beast, or try playing with the deadly sting of a scorpion.
* Unsummon and Untransform Buttons – Cancel Combat spells for better control. If you are about to head into battle and your Summon or Transformation spell is getting close to expiring, use the Unsummon Monster or Untransform buttons, located in the Field Commands, to negate the spell. Recast the spell and enter battle at full strength.
* Orb Spells – Cast new Orb spells, which create powerful magical orbs that revolve around you and automatically target nearby enemies, thereby leaving your hands free for melee combat, ranged combat, or additional spell casting.
* Glyph Traps – Experience the satisfaction of killing monsters with the new Glyph spells. Place five to ten Glyphs on the ground to create a lethal trap, and then lure monsters to their doom.
* Treasure Sets – Discover pieces of rare “item sets.” Composed of three to five pieces of weapons, armor, or other equipment, each of these related magical items is powerful in its own right, but when combined, they are endowed with additional bonuses.
* Tragg – Utilize the tragg, a new pack animal that delivers powerful attacks and can carry almost as much loot as a packmule. Traggs rapidly become attached to their owners and will rush into battle to gore any monster that threatens the party. And unlike packmules, you can order traggs to attack enemies.
* Redistributable Potions – Click the Redistribute Potions button at the bottom left of the screen, or press the R key, to give all party members their fair share of the party’s potions. Mages get all of the mana potions and melee warriors get more health potions.
* Imbued Items – Keep an eye open for “imbued” items, armor, and weapons. These special objects buff party members and significantly increase their prowess in battle.
* Backpacks – Increase the load each character can carry by using new backpacks. Each character is limited to one backpack. Right click your backpack to open it. You can also drop an item directly onto a closed backpack to stash the item away. If your main Inventory has no room, items you pick up off the ground will automatically go into the backpack, if there is room there.
* Sell All – Quickly convert all unequipped loot to gold with the new Sell All button.