This multiplayer-focused expansion pack gives you more of what you demand from the original Battlefield 1942, including more maps, more vehicles, and more fighting forces. The Road to Rome focuses exclusively on the key Italian and Sicilian campaigns of WWII. Each map comes with highly detailed environments such as Italian houses, Mediterranean trees, and even the Monte Cassino Monastery. This expansion pack features eight new vehicles. These include the German BF-110 and British Mosquito twin-engine fighter-bombers as well as new Italian, British, and German tanks and anti-tank guns. The Road to Rome supports up to 64 gamers (on select maps), playing as several infantry classes, controlling many weapons available to the Axis and Allies, and commanding numerous land vehicles, ships, and aircraft.
* Six new maps from the Sicilian and Italian campaigns including Operation Husky (Sicily), and the battles for Anzio and Monte Cassino.
* Eight new vehicles including the German BF-110 and British Mosquito fighter-bombers.
* Two new fighting forces including the Free French forces and Italian army.
* New hand-held weapons including the Italian Breda assault rifle, British Sten SMG and bayonets on rifles.
* Proprietary Refractor 2 engine raises bar for graphics and 3D rendering.
* Huge multiplayer component supporting up to 64 players that requires teamwork and cooperation from each member in order to achieve victory for the Axis or Allies.
* Unique single player mode features no scripting, meaning the player gets different experience each time they play.
[b]Note: The original Battlefield 1942 game is required to play The Road to Rome.[/b]