Get lost in this challenging, mysterious, open-world adventure as you encounter strange creatures, solve puzzles, and figure out how to restore the radio relay grid in order to find your missing son. Look for clues along the way and manage your resources while you decode the secrets of Full Quiet.
Your puzzle solving, combat and survival skills will be tested… Do you have what it takes to silence the forest and drive out those who have emerged into our world?
Sounds legit, right? 8-bit Legit, to be precise. Bringing legit 8-bit games to modern consoles like Nintendo Switch and Xbox, 8-bit Legit, the publishing arm of Retrotainment Games and Mega Cat Studios, is pleased to announce the latest addition to their catalog, Full Quiet.
This brand-new game can be pre-ordered on Nintendo Switch, Xbox and Steam starting June 30th with a retail release to follow on July 7, 2023, which will include an actual NES cartridge option.
“We wanted to create a unique experience on the NES,” Greg Caldwell of Retrotainment Games said. “The community and our backers helped make that possible.”
The Retrotainment team brought their love of maps, radios, exploration, getting lost in the woods, and mysterious places and creatures into the composition of the game. In order to create a sense of being isolated in the woods, they designed it to be somewhat cryptic and daunting with a persistent sense of dread.
Full Quiet’s origins harken back to convention trips to the Pacific Northwest for PAX and the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, where one could argue that Retrotainment arrived on the #indieNES scene with the release of its first game Haunted: Halloween ’85 in 2015.
“We put a lot of ourselves into this game. We wanted to make a game that we wanted to play, and we hope that that feeling comes across and becomes a game that you want to play, as well!” Zachary Curl of Retrotainment Games said.
Full Quiet is compatible with the Nintendo Switch NES Online Controllers and has a full slate of exclusive achievements on Xbox.
- Explore a huge open world full of tough enemies and challenging, interactive puzzles.
- Alone, isolated in the woods, you will feel lost; but Pap’s notes, your maps and old radio chatter will help guide you along the way.
- Interact with ham radio equipment to restore the radio grid and silence the forest.
- Day/Evening/Night cycle – Find and unlock camps before nightfall, rest and then branch out to find needed supplies, tools and new weapons.
- Make progress where you can and revisit tougher challenges later as you upgrade your skills, knowledge and inventory.
- Learn the ways of Pap and his ham radio buddies to gain new skills and intel as you combat enemies, navigate the world and unlock the mysteries of Full Quiet.
- The slow burn of clues will keep you wondering what transpired here in the past.
- Check out the game’s hand drawn “Field Guide” manual to learn about in-game equipment and features.